The news and event areas provides resources for anyone wanting information about SFPQ and its work.
This includes latest news stories, recent recalls and alerts and how to stay up to date.
For all the latest stories on food safety issues affecting the State.
- No Food Safety Issues with Prawns Impacted by White Spot
- Update on white spot disease in prawns
- Milk Processed by Alternative to Heat Treatment
- Food Safety, Eggs and the Festive Season
- AVA Tips for Pet Safety
- Hamming it up this Christmas
- Don’t poison your pets with festive leftovers
- Your food safety guide for parties and BBQs
- Be prepared for storm season
- Is your business prepared for an emergency?
- Egg safety
- Melbourne Cup
- Salmonella Workshops
- The Australian Government’s Jobs and Small Business package – Asset Deductions
- Dairy Business Focus Workshops
- The Ivy Inwood Key Note Address
- Beef Australia 2015
- Egg Minder - the smart egg tray
- How others see us
- Keeping your sprouts safe
- Consumption of Raw Milk
- Egg-xcellent news – we have a winner!
- Safe Food collaborates with the IROC Program
- Dairy Australia webinars
- Egg-citing new Egg Safety Contest
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Food safety and chickens
- Safe Food reaches another milestone
- Food Recalls
- Helping your business recover from a natural disaster
- Raw milk triggers campylobacter outbreak
- Gatton piggery investigation
- Consumption of Raw (Unpasteurised) Milk
- Back to School Food Safety
- Advance Australia Fare
- The Australian Livestock Processing Industry Animal Welfare Certification System
- Register a food business
- Approved Food Safety Auditors
- Beating the bugs
- Do I need an accreditation?
- Food safety when cooking
- Where does your food come from?
- Do you know what's in your refrigerator?
- Frozen food storage
- The risks of Listeria
- How we regulate in Queensland
- Notify SFPQ of a food safety issue
Recalls and alerts
If there is a problem with a food product that means it should not be sold, then it might be 'withdrawn' (taken off the shelves) or 'recalled' (when customers are asked to return the product).
SFPQ provides information about product withdrawals and recalls to let consumers know about problems associated with food.
- 08 Mar 2017: Bounce Apple Cinnamon Energy Ball
- 08 Mar 2017: Food Babies Love
- 07 Mar 2017: Chan’s Yum Cha at home Seafood Prawn Hargow dumpling
- 31 Jan 2017: Stockmans Eggs
- 18 Jan 2017: Christmas Sprinkles and Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Mixes with Mason Jars
- 17 Jan 2017: Product Recall: Picky Picky Peanuts Mexican Salsa Peanuts
- 17 Jan 2017: Garlic Bread - various brands
- 12 Jan 2017: The Cider Lab Ciders
- 28 Dec 2016: Coles Beetroot Dip
- 21 Dec 2016: Protein Pancakes
- 14 Dec 2016: Lenny and Larry's Complete Cookie Chocolate Chip
- 21 Nov 2016: Elfa Bean Sprouts
- 18 Nov 2016: Paunch (lamb stomach)
- 17 Nov 2016: Bonvita Rice Milk White Bar
- 08 Nov 2016: Lite n Easy Traditional Favourites Chargrilled Steak
- 02 Nov 2016: Gallo Farms Marinated Fetta
The full list of product recalls can be found on the Food Safety Australian New Zealand (FSANZ) website.
Follow us on Twitter or Find us on Facebook and receive information from SFPQ on the latest food safety issues, trends and tips.